We have made the following efforts in order to safeguard the personal information of users (hereinafter, “users”) for the services provided by VanApp (hereinafter, “this service”).
1. Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
VanApp complies with all laws and other standards pertaining to personal information, and makes all possible efforts to safeguard the users’ important personal information.
2. Definition of Personal Information
Information which may be used alone to correlate with a specific individual or group. For example, name, address, telephone number, email address, individually assigned numbers, images, audio, and other such information which may be used to identify an individual.
3. Acquisition of Information
In this service, we may ask you to provide the following information.
- Email address
The following information may be acquired automatically consequent to the use of this service.
- Device model information
4. Purposes of Use for Personal Information
VanApp shall handle the personal information of users appropriately within the scope of the following purposes.
- To provide, maintain, protect, or improve this service
- To investigate and analyze usage conditions
- To develop new services
- To respond to inquiries and communications
5. Personal Information Security Measures
In order to handle the personal information of users appropriately, the company has created an internal management system and educated employees, and taken suitable measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information. Furthermore, the company will make efforts to maintain the security of personal information by continuously reviewing these measures.
6. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
VanApp shall not entrust or provide to any third party the personal information provided by users, with the exception of the following cases. In cases in which the customer’s consent has been obtained, if personal information is to be disclosed, entrusted, or provided to a third party other than VanApp, an agreement regarding the security of personal information shall be made with the said third party, and all efforts will be made to ensure the security of personal information.
- The customer’s consent has been obtained in advance
- Notifications to credit card companies, collections agencies, and financial institutions necessary to collect charges
- Notifications to shipping companies necessary to ship products
- Notifications to shipping agents necessary to send mailings
However, statistical data of a mode or scope by which individuals cannot be identified or ascertained may be compiled, and disclosed or provided to third parties.
7. Querying, Revision, and Deletion of Personal Information
If a customer wishes to query, revise, or delete their own personal information, we shall confirm their identity before responding.
- Enacted July 1st, 2015